NETWORKING FOR NERDS
No matter how secure someone is in his or her individual social or professional life, most people's legs turn to linguini at the very thought of "working a room" to make important contacts. Yet, personal relationships are crucial to professional success. We all know that business can be cut-throat competitive but it must appear more gentle and genuine.
"How can I meet the people I want?" "How should I make the first move?" "How should I follow up?" It can't look blatant so another big question is "How and when should I bring up the business aspect?" This course helps you meet and get the best out of everyone who is potentially important to you on any occasion.
YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO…
* Work a party like a politician works a room
* Turn any social gathering into a business opportunity
* Approach the people you choose to meet and achieve your goals with them
* Make a strong first impression consistent with your company's image
* How to make a graceful exit from one conversation so you can move on to another
* Discover the most advantageous place to stand at gatherings
* Learn and practice the never-fail best opening phrase
* Recognize business opportunities and act quickly upon them
* Discern who is a potential customer and how to get introduced or make the approach
* Master "small talk," and then quickly turn it into meaningful communicating
* Become sensitive to timing, especially when to mention your service or product
* Stamp out common inadvertent gestures (and words) that undermine credibility
* Give the most advantageous answer to "And what do you do?"
* Perfect your "Elevator Speech" – and vary it depending on who's the listener
* Speak the hidden language of inflection, tone, and body movement
* Deal gracefully with sensitive situations
* Employ the SOFTEN technique to always look confident, credible, and charismatic
* Tap a fool-proof technique to never be stuck for something interesting to say again
* Avoid the 10 common phrases that you should NEVER use in conversation